Health and Care worker visa

Medical professionals doing an eligible job at the NHS, and NHS supplier or an adult social care may come to the UK under the Health and Care visa.


  • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult care professional.
  • Work for an approved Sponsor in the UK
  • Have a Certificate of Sponsorship
  • Work for an eligible health or social care job
  • Be paid the minimum salary
  • Meet the English Language requirement


Immigration Health Surcharge

Unlike the other types of visas, the applicants of the health and care visa are exempted of the immigration health surcharge.


Extension of or Switch to the Health and Care visa

This visa is initially issued for up to 5 years and can be extended as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

You can also switch to this visa under certain circumstances if you are already on the UK.


Indefinite Leave to Remain

The Health and Care visa leads to ILR after 5 years of continuous stay in the UK.

Birchin Court, 20 Birchin Lane, London, EC3V 9DJ

T:  +44 (0)20 7993 6923
1 Maiden Lane,  5th Floor,  New York NY 10038

2503 Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong
© Copyright 2022 - Bonheurlegal - All Rights Reserved
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram