Tier 1 Investor
Please note that this route is closed since the 17 February 2022 (4 pm GMT). All applications made after the 17 February 2022 will be void and will not be considered. This also includes in-country switch to Tier 1 (Investor) visas.
We are still advising clients on extensions of their current stay as well as Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Prior to 17 February 2022, individuals willing to invest in the UK economy could apply for Tier 1 (Investor) Visas. You, as the investor or applicant, had to invest at least £2,000,000 to qualify for the investor visa.
Requirements for Tier 1 Investor Visa:
- Must be over 18 years
- Have at least 2 million GBP in your name or the name of your spouse and willing to invest the monies in share capital or loan capital in UK companies.
- The funds must be freely disposable and held in a regulated financial institution.
- The funds should have been held for at least 2 years
- Hold valid criminal record check
- Produce a Tuberculosis (TB) test results if the applicant is from a country where a TB test is compulsory.
Duration of Tier 1 (Investor) Visa
- Your visa would have been issued for up to 3 years 4 months.
- You can also apply for another 2-year visa if you meet the extension requirements.
Bringing Family Members
- Your partner and children under 18 years of age can come with you to the UK as your dependants.
Switching to Tier 1 Investor
- If you are already in the UK under a different visa type listed by the Home Office, you and your dependants may be able switch to the Tier 1 Investor visa.
Indefinite Leave to Remain or Settlement
- Tier 1 Investor leads to settlement (ILR). The ILR application will depend on the amount invested:
- f you invest £2 million, you can apply to settle after 5 years
- Investing £5 million, you can apply to settle after 3 years
- If you invest £10 million, you can apply to settle in the UK in 2 years
You will also have to demonstrate that:
- You have not breached any immigration laws
- You meet the requirements in relation to absences
- You meet the English language requirement.